What does Codeup remote look like?_
- Live instruction with your cohort, learning alongside peers
- Screensharing during lecture
- Live asking for help
- Live collaboration
- Pair programming and group work in separate virtual rooms
- Live presentations
- Present your projects to each other
- 670 hours
- Half-day of class on Wednesday to give time for practice and code review
- Early release at 4pm every Monday or Tuesday
- Other weekdays are 9am-5pm
- Optional office hours before and after class
What does applying look like?_
Now that we’re remote, we’re excited to extend Codeup to people across Texas! Whether you’re in San Antonio, Dallas, or a small town we’ve never heard of, the application process is the same for everyone. Our only requirement is that you’ll live somewhere in Texas by the time class starts.
What does community look like?_
- Staying engaged with each other with:
- Zoom pair programming after hours
- Zoom happy hours
- Yoga breaks
- Sharing best practices
- Guest speakers during lunch on Thursdays
- Socially-distanced swag pick-up and professional headshots
What does the job search look like?_
- Our tuition refund guarantee is alive and well. If you don’t get a job in-field, you’ll get your tuition back.
- You’ll get one on one help refining your:
- Interview skills
- We provide what employers need and right now, that’s adaptability to remote work.
- We host a virtual hiring event for recruiters and employers to see your final group capstone projects, which are also completed remotely.
- After graduation, you’ll continue to code side projects or volunteer projects while job searching.
What does your future look like?_
Find out, with Codeup!