Codeup will refund 100% of received tuition to graduates who do not receive an offer of “in-field” employment (as defined by the Texas Workforce Commission) within 6 months of graduation. To qualify, graduates must meet and maintain eligibility as outlined below. Refunds will be issued to the parties responsible for tuition funds, including individuals, loan partners, grant partners, and the VA. Refunds exclude associates interest fees and costs.
Graduates are eligible if: they are age 18 or over, possess legal status to work in the United States, have no criminal history, and seek “in-field” employment in the United States. In-field employment refers to roles utilizing the skills taught in the program of training.
In-field roles for Full-Stack Web Development – Java include, but are not limited to: Web Programmer, Web Developer, Web Applications Developer, Software Developer, Computer Programmer, Quality Assurance Engineer, Front-End Developer, etc.
In-field roles for Data Science include, but are not limited to: Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Architect, Machine Learning Engineer, Business Analyst, etc.
In order to maintain refund eligibility, graduates must:
- 6 months after graduation, complete Section A of TWC CSC Form 072 A, which states: “Since graduation, I have not worked in the field for which I was trained,” without having qualified for any of the following disqualifying post-graduation outcomes:
- Enrollment in a full-time program
- Full-time enlistment in the military
- Incarceration (documentation required)
- Death (documentation required)
- Graduate with no more than 3 unexcused absences or 10 tardies, and with a cumulative grade of 70% or higher
- Maintain compliance with Codeup placement standards, by:
- Pursuing all job opportunities provided by Codeup Placement Office to completion of interview cycle (offer or rejection)
- Submitting a minimum of 5 job applications per week
- Completing a minimum of 5 GitHub commits per week, containing evidence of newly written code post-graduation date
- Meeting with the Codeup Placement Office at minimum once per month
If a graduate believes they qualify for a tuition refund under these stipulations:
- Graduate must submit a written request to Codeup at S4518Director@codeup.com or S5629Director@codeup.com within 30 days of the 6-month post-graduation date
- Codeup will review and respond to the graduate within 30 days of submission
- If approved, refunds will be issued within 60 days of refund approval
- If a funding partner refuses a refund, Codeup will make a donation of an equal amount to a non-profit organization.
Disclaimer: Should Codeup go out of business or be bought by another company, all employment refunds will be terminated on the date of closure/sale.
Force Majeure: In the case of an event or events beyond the control of Codeup that prevents Codeup’s compliance with its obligations under this contract in regard to post-graduation employment guarantee only, Codeup shall have the opportunity to extend the post-graduation employment guarantee deadline from 6 to 12 months. Events beyond the control of Codeup include, but are not limited to: acts of God (fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, floods,); war, invasion, embargo; or acts of terrorism that cause the closing of business.