After serving 25 years in the military and law enforcement, Boris knew it was time to launch a second career in web development. Codeup challenged and encouraged him to use the skills he had learned from serving in the United States Army and bring it into the classroom!
After serving in the Marine Corps, Lance worked in the service industry for over 15 years. Feeling empowered to make a change in his career, he sought out education options and came across Codeup. Check out his amazing story of transitioning into software development, a career he loves.
U.S. Army, Codeup Grad
Lloyd spent 14 years in the Army as an information systems technician. He discovered Codeup through Operation Code. Because we are the only bootcamp in Texas to accept VA benefits Lloyd was able to use his Post 9/11 GI Bill to attend Codeup. He is now working at Def Logix as an Admin and Software Tester!
“Codeup was great! The process was very simple and easy to navigate. Codeup was really helpful – it was painless.” -Lloyd Garrison
VA Benefits | Key Details
- Both veterans and their dependents may utilize VA benefits at Codeup, including VET TEC, VRRAP, GI Bill, and more.
- Since we’re an accelerated, full-time program, it will consume 12.5 months of benefits.
- When reviewing benefits, veterans should look for their remaining months of eligibility, benefit level, delimiting date, and type of benefit.
- More information is available at the Bexar County Veterans Service Office, online, or through their student helpline (888-442-4551)
- Veterans or Veteran’s Dependents should work through Codeup’s admissions process before activating their benefits.
- We’ll need to collect former transcripts, copies of your DD-214 or NOBE, current address and contact information, an intent to enroll form, as well as a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility.