Your success is our priority, our people are our focus, and our mission is to empower your life change. Here’s a combination of things you won’t find elsewhere:
1. Your application process is rigorous and highly personalized. We really get to know you so we can be sure it’s a mutual fit.
2. Our instructors are the best. Not only do they have industry experience, but students rave about the thought and care they pour into students.
3. Our job isn’t done until you have yours. You’ll get personalized career coaching, and a whole team helping you to find a job, even after graduation.
4. We’re personally invested in you! If you don’t get hired within 6 months of graduating, that means we didn’t do our part, so we will refund your tuition.
Even though classes are virtual, you still must be a Texas resident, have plans to move to Texas, or be willing to move to Texas if we have to begin having classes in person.
We’ll return gradually when it is safe to do so, and right now we don’t know when that will be. For your planning purposes, you can expect us to be remote indefinitely.
No, though we do plan to go back in-person post-pandemic.
In the pre-pandemic world, we were committed to in-person, fully-immersive learning. Amidst the pandemic, we moved to a fully remote modality. While we do still have campuses in San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston, all classes are currently held live on Zoom alongside your instructors and fellow students from all over Texas.
Web Development and Data Science are both in-demand fields, but they’re very different! If you’re considering coming to Codeup, we recommend you think about these two questions:
1) What is your technical background? Our web development program doesn’t require any background, and has a faster ramp-up to admission. Data Science requires introductory experience in math, stats, and programming.
2) What do you want to be working on daily? While some parts of the jobs will overlap, like writing in a programming language, most everything else is different. Web development will train you to build websites and applications, while Data Science will train you to draw insights from data sets.
Still not sure? Talk with our Admissions Team!
Yes. Students must provide their own Apple laptop capable of running the most recent operating system, with at least 8GB for both programs, and the laptop can be made no earlier than 2017. It doesn’t need to be brand new – many of our students have good luck with refurbished options. You do not need a laptop for the admissions process, you’ll just need it by your first day of class.
We do not. We are a career accelerator looking to help adults transition into careers in tech. To enroll, students must be at least 17 years old. Our average student age is around 30 years old. However, we definitely encourage kids and teens to start exploring tech early! We’re active partners with Youth Code Jam in San Antonio, and there are many other great organizations that are dedicated to helping kids learn technical skills.
No. Both of our programs are full-time. We believe learning a new skill in an immersive, full-time environment is the most effective way to jump into a new career. Both software development and data science are challenging topics, and to be successful, you’ll need a brain that’s not exhausted from a long day at work. Part-time options simply aren’t as effective as our full-time programs, which ask students to turn their learning into a full-time job.