Right now, classes are virtual. Starting August 9th, 2021, students will begin returning to campus in a limited capacity. We plan for a full campus return on January 3rd, 2022, when all students and staff will join us in person. Students will have the option to stay remote until then.
If your start date is prior to December 31, 2021, you will have a remote start. If your start date is after January 3rd, you will start in-person on campus.
No. Since all students will be required to be on campus starting January 3rd, 2022, you must live within driving distance of our Dallas or San Antonio campus by that time.
No. This will apply to all new and existing cohorts. If your end date is after January 3rd, 2022, we’ll see you on campus!
No, though starting August 9th, 2021, students will begin returning to campus in a limited capacity.
You’ll need to be able to join us at our San Antonio campus when we return on January 3rd, 2022, as required by the VA. You may remain virtual until then.
Your success is our priority, our people are our focus, and our mission is to empower your life change. Here’s a combination of things you won’t find elsewhere:
1. Your application process is rigorous and highly personalized. We really get to know you so we can be sure it’s a mutual fit.
2. Our instructors are the best. Not only do they have industry experience, but students rave about the thought and care they pour into students.
3. Our job isn’t done until you have yours. You’ll get personalized career coaching, and a whole team helping you to find a job, even after graduation.
4. We’re personally invested in you! If you don’t get hired within 6 months of graduating, that means we didn’t do our part, so we will refund your tuition.
The value of Codeup includes gaining the technical knowledge and skillset of a web developer or data scientist, expert instruction, hands-on curriculum with a portfolio to show employers, a close family of your Codeup classmates, a network of technology professionals to connect with, career preparation, continuing job search support even after you graduate, and the peace of mind that if you don’t get hired within 6 months of graduating, you’ll get your tuition back (codeup.com/refund). We also offer a great Return on Investment, one of the best you’ll find.
We do not. We are a career accelerator looking to help adults transition into careers in tech. To enroll, students must be at least 17 years old. Our average student age is around 30 years old. However, we definitely encourage kids and teens to start exploring tech early! We’re active partners with Youth Code Jam in San Antonio, and there are many other great organizations that are dedicated to helping kids learn technical skills.
Web Development and Data Science are both in-demand fields, but they’re very different! If you’re considering coming to Codeup, we recommend you think about these two questions:
1) What is your technical background? Our web development program doesn’t require any background, and has a faster ramp-up to admission. Data Science requires introductory experience in math, stats, and programming.
2) What do you want to be working on daily? While some parts of the jobs will overlap, like writing in a programming language, most everything else is different. Web development will train you to build websites and applications, while Data Science will train you to draw insights from data sets.
Still not sure? Talk with our Admissions Team!
No. Both of our programs are full-time. We believe learning a new skill in an immersive, full-time environment is the most effective way to jump into a new career. Both software development and data science are challenging topics, and to be successful, you’ll need a brain that’s not exhausted from a long day at work. Part-time options simply aren’t as effective as our full-time programs, which ask students to turn their learning into a full-time job.
Not exactly. For both our Web Development and Data Science programs, we have a rolling admissions process and accept qualified applicants on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once a class is full, we’ll start accepting students onto a waitlist. If you’re accepted but the class is full, your acceptance rolls over to the next start date. We also want to be sure you’re prepared and set up for success in class, including having time to get your tuition plan in place and working through our pre-work assignments. This means we generally do not accept new students into a class within two weeks of the start date. If you’re interested, start your application today! Apply now.
After applying online, be on the lookout for an email with next steps. After working through the admissions process, where we very carefully assess each candidate, you’ll receive a phone call from an Admissions Manager letting you know if you’ve been accepted. If at any point you’re not sure of your application status, please don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com!
Yes. Students must provide their own Apple laptop capable of running the most recent operating system, with at least 8GB for both programs, and the laptop can be made no earlier than 2017. It doesn’t need to be brand new – many of our students have good luck with refurbished options. You do not need a laptop for the admissions process, you’ll just need it by your first day of class.