Senior Web Development Instructor_
Primary Function: Deliver curriculum and support students in our immersive software development training.
Reports to: Vice President of Delivery
Location: San Antonio, Dallas
Codeup is a 22-week career accelerator where students transform into Web Developers and Data Scientists. Each student gets a personalized admissions process, expert instruction, and help landing an in-field job. As a Web Development Instructor, you are instrumental in facilitating these career transitions. Uplift, up level, and empower people by sharing your craft.
Your primary responsibility is to deliver Codeup’s custom curriculum to our classes through lecture, code walk-throughs, and exercises, while supporting individual students in 1:1s and office hours. You will also maintain and improve our curriculum, and flex your technical chops by building custom software and tools for the company. If you’ve been building software for a career, feel burned out by the grind of deadline pushes, don’t want to move into management, and/or you’re looking for something different, come teach at Codeup. You get to practice what you love and share it with others without all the grind.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics:
- 5+ years of software development industry experience
- Passion for teaching, training, and coaching (previous teaching experience not required)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Life-long learner who continues to grow their software development skills through self-teaching, peer-to-peer learning, and attending community events and lectures
- Ability to lead, inspire, and manage a classroom of adult learners
- Desire to be a thought leader and software development expert locally and beyond
- Empathy, humility, and positivity.
Our Technologies (always changing!):
We teach our students to build full-stack applications with:
- HTML5 + CSS3 web standards
- Java with the Spring Boot framework
- Version Control with Git and GitHub, Git and GitHub in a team environment
- IntelliJ IDEA, MacOS, Linux
- The Bootstrap 4 CSS Framework
- Modern Frontend Tooling, specifically npm and webpack
- Test-Driven Development
Compensation (Depends on seniority):
- $70k-$100k annual compensation in salary
- 401(k) with covered administrative fees and 4% matching after 1 year
- 100% health insurance coverage for BCBS HMO (or same monetary coverage applied to other plans)
- Fetch MD coverage
- Company provided MacBook Pro
- Flexible PTO & 25 paid company vacation days
- Annual professional development budget
- 24/7 downtown garage parking
- Unlimited Star Wars memes (Trekkies OK, too)
Codeup is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Whether you’re a life-long teacher or excited by a new challenge, we’d love to talk. If our values and position resonate with you, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!