Director of Placement
Location: Currently remote but must be within commuting distance of our San Antonio, Dallas, or Houston campuses
Primary Function: Lead business development and placement expansion across TX market
Reports to: COO
Codeup is a 22-week career accelerator where students transform into Web Developers and Data Scientists. Each student gets a personalized admissions process, expert instruction, and help landing an in-field job.
Reporting to the COO, you lead our Placement team to place graduates at companies in their fields of study. You ensure we deliver excellence to students and staff alike while driving the growth and development of our partnership network across the state. You are passionate about building teams, achieving scale, and delivering excellence. You are a clear communicator, decisive decision maker, independent thinker, and people-serving leader. Your primary objective is to scale our network across Houston, Austin, Dallas, and Texas to achieve 100% placement of graduates and while driving salaries higher and time to hire lower. Codeup empowers life change, and you have the responsibility and opportunity to bring our students across the finish line across multiple verticals and locations.
- You love building partnerships and relationships.
- You’re excited by the hunt, the sale, and the close!
- You have a strong network in the tech industry and enjoy activating that network
- You love to work with people, especially when it involves building relationships and mentoring others.
- You get excited about the future, growth, and trying new things.
- You’re decisive and ambitious, but empathetic.
- You take initiative and enjoy operating with autonomy.
- 10+ years experience in the tech industry
- Expertise in leadership, management, and organizational development with an emphasis on sales management and business development.
- Ensure KPIs of % placed, time to hire, starting salary, and student NPS
- Lead the strategy of install-base, SMB, and enterprise sales and placement.
- Collect and share feedback from employers to guide curriculum development.
- Manage student and employer escalations
- Company-provided MacBook
- 401(k) with covered administrative fees and 4% matching after 1 year
- 100% health insurance coverage for BCBS HMO (or same monetary coverage applied to other plans)
- Fetch MD coverage
- Flexible PTO + 25 days paid company vacation days
- 24/7 downtown garage parking
- Unlimited Star Wars memes. (Trekkies OK, too.)
Codeup is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Whether you’re a life-long teacher or excited by a new challenge, we’d love to talk. If our values and position resonate with you, send your resume to email@example.com!