Data Science Instructor
Primary Function: Deliver curriculum and support students in our immersive Data Science training.
Reports to: Vice President of Delivery
Location: San Antonio
Codeup is a 22-week career accelerator where students transform into Web Developers and Data Scientists. Each student gets a personalized admissions process, expert instruction, and help landing an in-field job.
As an instructor, you facilitate student learning by up-leveling and empowering people with your craft! You will deliver our custom curriculum to classes through lecture, walk-throughs, and exercises, while supporting individual students in 1:1s and office hours. You will also work on our curriculum and take on projects building data related products for Codeup.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics:
- 2+ years industry experience in data science required
- Fluency in Python, SQL, Data Visualization (matplotlib, seaborn, Tableau), and Machine Learning (Regression, Classification, Clustering, Time Series Analysis, Anomaly Detection)
- Some experience with Natural Language Processing and Distributed Data (Spark, Hive, Hadoop)
- Passion for teaching, training, and coaching (previous teaching experience not required)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Life-long learner who continues to grow their skills, with a desire to be a thought leader and subject matter expert locally and beyond
- Ability to lead, inspire, and manage a classroom of adult learners
- Empathy, humility, and positivity
- 401(k) with covered administrative fees and 4% matching after 1 year
- 100% health insurance coverage for BCBS HMO (or same monetary coverage applied to other plans)
- Fetch MD coverage
- Company provided MacBook Pro
- Flexible PTO & 25 paid company vacation days
- Annual professional development budget
- 24/7 downtown garage parking
- Unlimited Star Wars memes (Trekkies OK, too)
Codeup is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Whether you’re a life-long teacher or excited by a new challenge, we’d love to talk. If our values and position resonate with you, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!